Saturday 7 January 2012

It starts...

Well I certainly took my time starting this blog. Truth be told, I've had my fair share of blogging experience. Yet those blogs always seem to fade away. But I've decided that 2012 is the year I take some action in my life. More writing. More sending writing out to publishers. More success. That last one won't be too hard to beat, since I have yet to have some actual success. The intention is there though.


I've always been afraid of sharing my work with the world, unless it is a silly, fluffy fan fiction. Probably because people aren't as critical and judgmental with fan fiction. Original work however...that's a different story. Once you start coming up with your own ideas, you're a threat. Competition for the vastly growing market of the literary world. It's becoming harder and harder to find good quality books, ever since the age of reality TV and glittery vampires. Now a days, all you really need to mass publish a book, is a TV show or complete and total willingness to sell yourself out. I'm done hearing about vampires and werewolves and zombies and...well pretty much everything that makes it to the "Best Sellers" list. I'm ravenous for some good fiction, on the verge of insatiable really. Alas, stellar fiction books are few and far between. There's no more substance to books. Only an army of interchangeable protagonists and routine plots. The End. Lather, rinse, repeat.

This is the year I try to feed others who are just as hungry for originality as I am. Even if it seems like originality is an endangered species. 

No comments:

Post a Comment